The US Is Sneezing Like Crazy. Will The World Catch A Cold?
Washington’s painful and embarrassing political crisis, which has led to a government shutdown and the very real threat of default, has damaged the United States’ standing in the world and sent ... Kerry sought to put the best possible face on things ...
Comcast Told To Stop Saying It's The Fastest Internet Provider Around
A recent exchange in the advertising world has gone something like this ... In fact, it's the fastest option in 94 percent of places where it exists. Nothing to sneeze at. But in the other 6 percent, it's competing with Verizon's FiOS offering -- and ...
More Than 1 Billion People Are Hungry in the World
What's the best way, if any, for the world to help? THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY has certainly bought into the idea that poverty traps exist -- and that they are the reason that millions are starving. The first U.N. Millennium Development Goal, for instance ...
For One Second, a Supercomputer Mimicked the Human Brain
Billions and trillions of simulated neurons and synapses is nothing to sneeze at, but keep in mind how that equates ... The K computer held the crown for world's fastest computer in 2011, but was recently dethroned by China's Tianhe-2, also known as ...
The sneeze that shook the world
Tearing through a world still reeling from the horrors of the First World ... advising just a few pointers: avoid sneezing and coughing in public, carry plenty of fresh handkerchiefs, wash hands regularly and gargle with disinfectant mouthwash.